Written by Administrator
Monday, 05 May 2008
Lead Capture Processes
Sales Leads are generated through several channels by a business. The breadth and depth of lead generation channels vary from business to business. While small businesses might have limited number of channels (such as direct sales, web site, yellow pages and customer referrals), large corporations employ large number of channels (such as corporate web sites, search engines, telemarketing, partners and retailers, and third party lead generators).
When multiple channels are used for lead generation, it is becoming increasingly complex to integrate all the leads, promptly follow-up and expedite conversion to sales. Each source of lead may provide different levels information on the prospective lead. Capturing all the leads in one central database for qualification and assessment, routing and follow-up is the most intensive and error prone process. With the advent of internet and adoption of email as the primary medium of communication, email marketing has turned out to be an important medium for lead follow-up.
LeadPro supports the following methods of Lead Capture from various sources:
- Sign-up Forms (Forms linked from LeadPro or custom hosted forms on customer web sites can directly feed the data to LeadPro)
- Advanced API (web services based, industry standard process for integrating with enterprise systems and publisher web sites)
- Email Parsing (incoming emails from partners can be parsed / scanned by the system and loaded into the respective lead list, without manual intervention)
- Importing from External Data files (Lead data can be imported from files such as Excel (XLS), Comma separated (CSV), Access (MDB), XML, and flat text files.)
- Manual Data Entry (While this is the time consuming process, small business might still benefit by using this method to capture leads from disparate sources.)
As LeadPro is an integrated email marketing and lead management solution, dealing with multiple systems for lead capture and lead follow-up can be avoided, which in turn will improve the lead processing efficiency and increase lead conversion rate.